Yuk Fai Cheong
Associate Professor of Psychology
Office: PAIS 375
Additional Contact Information
Department of Psychology
36 Eagle Row
Atlanta, GA 30322
Dr. Cheong received his Ph.D. in Measurement and Quantitative Methods from Michigan State University. He has been a faculty member in the Department of Psychology at Emory since 2016.
- PSYC 385R: Statistics with SPSS
- PSYC 430: Advanced Statistics and Research Methods
- PSYC 770R: Multilevel Modeling: Theory and Applications
- PSYC 770R: Scale Development: Theory and Applications
Multilevel modeling and psychometrics as applied to the study and measurement of violence, agency, depression, and test bias.
I am Co-investigator of the following projects:
- Patterns of Women’s Exposure to Psychological Violence, funded by the World Health Organization.
- Global Validation of Measures for Intimate Partner Violence, funded by the National Institutes of Health.
- Measuring Women’s Collective Agency and Control Over Time, funded by the International Food Policy Research Institute.
- Impact of COVID-19 State-level Executive Orders on Incident Partner Violence and Suicide: Assessing Collateral Health Effects of Non-pharmaceutical Risk Mitigation During Pandemics, funded by the Woodruff Health Sciences Center Synergy Award of Emory University.
Yount, K. M., Minh, T. H., Trang, Q. T., Cheong, Y. F., Bergenfeld, I., & Sales, J. M. (2020). Preventing sexual violence in college men: a randomized-controlled trial of GlobalConsent. BMC public health, 20, 1-19.
Wang, S., Cheong, Y. F., Dilks, D. D., & Rochat, P. (2020). The uncanny valley phenomenon and the temporal dynamics of face animacy perception. Perception, https://doi.org/10.1177/0301006620952611.
Raudenbush, S. W., Bryk, A., Cheong, Y. F., Congdon, R., & Du Toit, M. (2019). HLM8: Hierarchical linear and nonlinear modeling. Chicago: Scientific Software International.
Clark, C., Cheong, Y. F., Gupta, J., Ferguson, G., Shrestha, B., Shrestha, P., & Yount, K. M. (2019). Intimate partner violence in Nepal: Latent patterns and association with depressive symptoms. SSM – Population Health. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssmph.2019.100481.
Murphy, B. A., Costello, T. H., Watts, A. L., Cheong, Y. F., Berg, J. M., & Lilienfeld, S. O. (2018). Strengths and weaknesses of two empathy measures: A comparison of the measurement precision, construct validity, and incremental validity of two multidimensional indices. Assessment. https://doi.org/10.1177/1073191118777636.
Cheong, Y. F., Yount, K. M., Crandall, A. (2017). Longitudinal measurement invariance of a Women’s Agency Scale. Bulletin of Sociological Methodology, 134, 5-23. https://doi.org/10.1177/0759106317693787